Monday, November 24, 2014

Currently

Currently | 11.24.2014

Watching | Everybody Loves Raymond
(thank you Netflix)
It is almost 1 in the morning where I'm at, and I should be sleeping
but I'm really trying to stick to my blogging schedule,
so here I am. 
Eyes half open, so I hope this all makes sense!
Dedication... Right?!

Reading | the Hunger Games, Mocking Jay
Still. 
Really... I'm still reading it. 
I feel as though I'm safe for another week or two since 
refuse to see a movie right when it comes out. 
One- I hate crowds.
Two- I hate crowds.
*NO SPOILERS PLEASE & THANK YOU*

Listening To | Taylor Swift "1989"
I'm seriously obsessed. 
And I have to confess, sometimes I sneak the Christmas station
for a song or two when I'm in the car.
I can't help it... I'm trying to hold off until Friday 
BUT it just puts me in such a good mood! 
Valid reason to cheat, right?


Working On | Sticking to a blogging schedule.
Really... Why is it so hard?!
Oh I know...
because I have an (almost) two year old and do nothing
but play with
truckstrainscarsblocks
all day, every day.
Which leaves me with little to no time to do my "chores"
so I do those when my husband gets home.
Then by time I get my little man to bed I'm 
pretty much as useful as a walking zombie! 

Feeling | SO EXCITED!!
Okay, yes I love Thanksgiving
BUT I FREAKING LOVE THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!!
In my family it's always been tradition to 
NOT DO ANYTHING CHRISTMAS RELATED
until AFTER THANKSGIVING.
Seriously- I was brainwashed.
However
the older I get the harder it gets, and now especially with my little man
it's near impossible.
BUT I try my hardest. 
Michael Buble is waiting to keep me company and 
I've yet to stop at Starbucks to get a red cup...
(white chocolate peppermint mocha thank you!) 
I'm also itching to get my tree and decorations up!
BUT I can (hopefully) wait just four more days, 
until after I have a belly full of Mom's amazing Thanksgiving dinner,
and I've shopped until I can't take the crowds anymore (I really do hate them).

Planning | Planning my little man's 2nd birthday.
Still.
I know he's only going to be two and under no circumstance
will he remember his 2nd birthday party,
but that doesn't mean that as a Mama 
I don't want it to be anything but perfect!
No spoilers now- but I can't want to share it with you all! 

Loving | The feeling this time of year brings.
Everyone is a little more cheerful, and I absolutely love it! 

My Favorite Photo | Last weekend we took our 2014 family photos,
and I'm beyond obsessed with them.
I'm not sharing too many just yet, 
because we are using them for our Christmas cards,
and I'm weird, and want them to be a surprise,
but here is one we are not using.
Definitely an absolute favorite right now! 


45 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm still on Hunger Games Book 1! So I already know what happened. But there's nothing like curled up in a good book huddled by the fire! And I'm just like you...I love Thanksgiving but I am over the moon during the Christmas festivities! Simply love it! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few more days and we get to go Christmas crazy! :) I grew up in IL, and now that I live in AZ... I miss having a fireplace to curl up too! :(

      Delete
  2. Love these posts! When is your little one's birthday? My oldest son, Jonah, will turn 2 on December 7th. We are having a "Cars" party because he is OBSESSED with that movie! It's stressful planning parties - even though you are right, they won't remember it :) But they will see the pictures and video someday! :) You are so pretty, too! What a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, my husband is making me feel bad for my choice, haha we passed on Cars AND Thomas this year- he is obsessed with both! He is going to be 2 on December 16th, I can not even believe it! Thank you for all the sweet comments! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a cute family picture! And I hear you about the blogging schedule--I try to do what I can during the day, but having a toddler makes it SO hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Near impossible, haha! But being a Mama is comes first, so I try not to get too frustrated! :)

      Delete
  4. I had no idea Everybody Loves Raymond was on Netflix?! I LOVED that show! I'm currently excited for Thanksgiving too (so much yummy food!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents watched it when I was younger- and it's so funny, we just let it play at night it's nice to have something on you don't have to pay full attention to!

      Delete
  5. Aw your family photos look so cute! I used to watch Everybody Loves Raymond when I was younger, hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chelsea, and yeah... it's a great show!

      Delete
  6. Girl.Friend. YES to TSwift. All day every day. My husband is going NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL my husband hasn't been subjected to it too much, and he'll dodge a bullet with Christmas music starting in our house Friday... but he does love a does of TS here and there, no matter what he says! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Ahhh... I hope it's going to turn out as fun as I'm picturing! :)

      Delete
  8. I inhaled all three Hunger Games books one week in April a couple of years ago. I couldn't put them down, mostly because I didn't want to deal with them for longer than I had to. The concept of those books freaked me out for so long and still makes me so sad.

    My regular Starbucks has been playing Christmas music since November 3. It... is a little much, to be honest. Loving Taylor Swift's album though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the concept of the books is a little disturbing, but they were just SO good at the same time!

      Delete
  9. I LOVE how your 2014 family pictures came out. Were you in an orchard of sorts? I love the backdrop with your bright red sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute and DISCIPLINED! I would be sleeping (for many hours) at one AM and I have had plenty to Starbucks red cups. I admire your gumption!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everybody Loves Raymond is hilarious! Your family photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree on ELR and thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  12. LOVE 1989! Also love this family photo of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are still listening to 1989 as well, despite the annoyed looks my husband is giving the kids and I. Your family photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know the EXACT look you are talking about, and thank you!!

      Delete
  14. Your family picture is gorgeous, blogging schedules are hard, and T. Swift the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It is so hard, haha, and yes she is! :)

      Delete
  15. I love the fact you're writing at 1 am to keep to your schedule. Poor thing ... get some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wait it never gets done, I just have to find a way to get ahead of the blogging game- if that is even such a thing!

      Delete
  16. That photo is so beautiful and I love that you were writing this so late. Definitely shows dedication. Don't let it become a chore though or feel you HAVE to do it! So cute for your sons birthday, I bet it will be amazing and he'll remember it through all the photos etc!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, blogging for me is a hobby, I don't put a focus on it- but I do want to get better at it, it's something I really enjoy! Thanks for the sweet words!

      Delete
  17. I'm loving the currently posts. I actually finished the Hunger Game series when the first movie came out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I finished at the time- life just gets so crazy, and the me time goes right out the window! :)

      Delete
  18. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, as well! I am too much of a foodie not to. LOL. And, Hunger Games - AH! I cannot wait to watch the film! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm only a foodie in the sense that I love to eat! :)

      Delete
  19. I'm obsessed with Taylor Swift's new album too! I totally have Blank Space stuck in my head right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I love "Blank Space" but I think I'm even MORE obsessed with "I Know Places" SO. GOOD.

      Delete
  20. Cute Pictures! I love Taylor Swift's album so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and I know... it's so good, right?!

      Delete
  21. I just recently signed up to netflix and i love everybody loves raymond so can not wait to watch thanks for letting me know its there

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness I love Everybody Loves Raymond! I'm re-watching King of Queens and the Ray character keeps making appearances. That's next on my to-watch list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love everything your doing with your life! And I totally agree with the whole hard time on a blogging schedule thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great family photo. I love the 1989 album and I am planning a birthday party too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great post. I hope you're done with Mocking Jay now ;) I too try to wait until after turkey day to celebrate Christmas but it's getting harder and harder.

    ReplyDelete