Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fun On A Budget : Reading & The Library


We are currently a one income family. I will be forever grateful that my husband busts his butt Monday-Friday so that I can stay at home and raise our little man. 

Since my job only pays in high fives, gummy smiles, snuggles, and drool-y kisses, I am always on the search for cheap and / or free activities to do with my little man. 

Sadly, I always forget about the library in today's "digital world". So I am here today, to remind you all that the library is AMAZING. 

After a family trip a couple months ago, I started taking my reading buddy to the library during the week. He absolutely loves books, so I can't think of a better place to be! Not to mention, unless you are like me and always find a way to occur late fees, the library is free! 


The last time I was there I picked up a schedule for story time. I was surprise to see a variety of choices. The second I saw "Lap Sit" story time for babies ages 0-2, I knew we needed 
a mommy / son date. 

We went for the first time today, and had the best time. Most story time's that I've encountered are all ages, and Jackson always wants to play with the big kids instead of sitting and listening to a story. So, this was perfect. Especially with babies his age, it was so much fun to sit back and watch his little personality come out as he interacted with them. There were songs, stories, and even some play time after. Not only did Jackson make a new friend, but we even got a couple little bugs to take home with us. :)


I highly recommend looking into your local library, it's never too early to start reading with your little ones, and let's face it, it's always great to get out of the house 
without having to spend any money! 


No comments:

Post a Comment