Thursday, October 03, 2013

Thursday's Thought

via pinterest
I absolutely love this. 

I've always struggled with letting go of things. It's hard for me. Really hard. 

Especially when those "things" are people. I truly want to believe that there is good in everyone. That everyone has a good heart, means well, and that people can change. 

However. I am realistic, and have learned that is not the case. 

It's taken me a long time, and I've fought with myself on this. I have not always been the most positive person. But with personal struggles the past few years, it is really something I have been working on, and sometimes, against everything your heart and soul wants to do, you have to let go.

You can't help someone change, if they don't want change for themselves.

So I'm slowly learning that sometimes it's okay to let go. People come in and out of your lives for a reason. Whatever that may be. You just have to do what is best for you.

I have a friend who lost her dad a couple years ago, and just recently lost her mom. That weighs so heavy on my heart, which is why I wanted to make this post. 

I am at peace with the decisions I've made in my life, who I've kept close to me, and who I've let go. Life is short. I have no room for negativity in my heart. I want to live my life to the fullest. I want to live a happy and positive life, for myself, my husband, my little man. My family.

Sometimes people can come around. It may be weeks, months, or years. I've decided I will deal with it, if and when the time comes. I know there is no reason to sit and stress about something that you yourself, have no control over, and can't change yourself. 

I want those closest to me, those that mean the most to me, to never go a day wondering how I feel about them. 

Don't ever go to bed mad. 
Don't be petty, pick and choose your battles. 
Don't ever miss a chance to tell someone you love them. 
Don't be lazy, pick up the phone.
Make at least one new memory each day.
Call someone just to say hello.
Send a card to let someone know you are thinking of them. 
Don't say something you can't take back, and more importantly something you may regret. 
Take a million pictures. 
Hug and kiss your loved ones daily. 

So those are my thoughts for this Thursday! 

On a lighter note, I'm working on a new frame. It's a custom order, and I can't wait to share! 



No comments:

Post a Comment